It is that time of year when we sit down to share delicious food with family and friends to spend time together and also reflect on life’s blessings. At Southern Hospitality Event Rentals, we are here to help you a stress free Thanksgiving. For starters, here are a few tips to ensure you have a great Thanksgiving:
- Think about your guest list and make sure you allow enough space for you guests to sit and eat, as well as stand and mingle. Once you know how many are coming, if you need extra tables and chairs, we are here to help. At Southern Hospitality Event Rentals, we have rentals to meet every need whether you need one extra table or to set up an outdoor space with a tent rental for the extended family.
- Regarding your Thanksgiving menu, make sure you not only plan ahead but you also plan for the unexpected. Remember it is better to have too much food (who doesn’t like leftover turkey, stuffing and cranberry dressing) than not enough.
- Before the big day, take the time to make your table festive. There is a certain simplicity when decorating for the Fall season and Thanksgiving. Adding a table linen with a simple assortment of gourds or a pumpkin surrounded by fall foliage will warm up the atmosphere for your guests.
- On Thanksgiving day, plan to greet your guest with a festive cocktails or apple cider in hand and make sure you have pre-prepared some simple appetizers to keep them occupied while you concentrate on the timing of your main meal.
- Be sure to take the opportunity to have everyone at the table express why they are grateful before serving the meal. This small addition is what makes the Thanksgiving holiday so special.
- When the meal is complete and you have finished your pumpkin or apple pie, remember the dishes can wait. Spending time with your loved ones is the most important element of the day.
If you choose to leave the stress and mess behind this year, we can help. At Southern Hospitality Event Rentals, we can provide you with china, from serving platters to chafers and tureens along with any flatware or glassware you need and all you have to do is rinse them after the meal and we will do the rest. Just imagine having time to visit or perhaps take a walk after dinner with your guests!
Thanksgiving is one of the rare holidays in which friends and family come from afar to be together and to be grateful to be in each other’s lives. Make sure you make this Thanksgiving memorable by leaving out the stress and the mess. Have fun creating the memories that will last a lifetime. From our family at Southern Hospitality Event Rentals to yours, we wish you all the best of this holiday season.